Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The unusual things that happen here.




I came home after being away for a few days at a conference and found a huge stalk of bananas on my porch.  While I was delighted, I was not overly surprised by the generosity or the item.  I have seen these little bananas many times and they are delicious, but I had not seen them on the stalk from the tree.  They were green on Sat. quickly turning yellowish by Tue.  I began to worry by Wed. that some would be wasted.  I had given many away and had 2 or 3 every morning.
Wed. morning I was waiting for my ride to school when along comes the elephant.  I think he was accompanied by 3 vendors.  He must be the bait to get attention, then you are offered a piece of Buddhist “jewelry”.  There are pendants with an image of a famous monk, and stones and a variety of things.  I did not buy one, sort of wish I had just to support them.  They are of course friendly and happy anyway.  My neighbor across the street said “Joanie, bananas”.  So I got to share many, many bananas with the elephant.  He happily took them out of my hand.  Not happy that the elephant is taken out of the wild, but it does beat a zoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment